Let’s put the horrible year of 2020 behind us and start the new year off with a bang. A huge media library with a convenient interface makes Plex a popular streaming popular. Today I am going to list down the 10 best Plex plugins for 2023. While Kodi depends on addons to function, Plex also has a requirement, and that is its dependence on plugins. If you want to extract most of Plex’s functionality and content, you need to download the best working plugins.
Though there are scores of community plugins, you can download for Plex. Finding the best of them needs time and experimentation. Since you might not have enough spare time to go through different plugins to verify their functionality and features, I recommend you check out the best Plex plugins I am going to list in this post. To get the most out of Plex and before installing community plugins, you need to install the third-party app store.
How to Download Unofficial App Store to Plex?
- Download WebTools and install
- Select the bundle to unzip
- Select the unarchived version and move it to the Plex Plugins folder
- Access plugin management page to verify if the WebTools add-on is installed
- Open WebTools plugin and copy the URL
- Paste the URL to the web browser
- Use your Plex credentials to login
- Select the plugin you like and press Install
Best VPN for Plex, and Other Streaming Apps
ISP throttling frustrates most internet users and annoying practice is unethical and deceptive. ISPs tend to slow down the speed when a connection tries to consume more bandwidth which mostly happens in the case of streaming activities. Also, Regional restrictions on media disappoint streaming geeks. At last but not least, hackers are always chasing distracted internet users to intercept and steal their data.
But a good VPN service can protect the internet connection from all those inconveniences.
The VPN I recommend
I’ve been using Surfshark for over a year and it continues to impress with its excellent features and value in comparison to its price.
- ⚡ Superb Speeds: Guarantees a smooth live streaming experience.
- 🌍 Huge Server Network: You can connect to a nearby server for a fast and stable connection.
- 😲 UNLIMITED Devices: Connect dozens of devices at the same time!
- 🔑Unblock Anything: Safe access to censored apps, websites and torrent sites.
- 😎 Best in Privacy: The VPN doesn’t keep any activity logs, and so your activities are only known to you.
- 🔐 Top-notch Security: This VPN uses AES 256-bit encryption and provides multiple protocols alongside other security features such as a kill switch, DNS & IPv6 protection and WireGuard.
- 💳 30 Days RISK FREE Money-Back Guarantee: In case you do not like the service, you can get every penny back if you cancel within 30 days!
Surfshark lets you bypass regional restrictions since its network of servers is spread in more than 60 countries. All you need is to select the server from the most suitable region where particular content is not blocked. Shifting a virtual IP address by selecting one server to another takes no more than a few seconds.
Bank-Grade Encryption protects data and browsing history from watchdogs, government agencies, and even hackers. In addition, Surfshark complies with the Zero-Log policy which ensures flawless protection and anonymity. Since Plex, Kodi, and Stremio, etc. also work with third-party add-ons (potentially vulnerable), it becomes essential to first protect your devices and personal information before running such community add-ons.
Check out some more benefits that you can realize from a VPN here.
We were able to get an exclusive 82% of Surfshark.
👍 Save 82% of Surfshark now!
Top 10 Best Working Plugins for Plex
Now is the time to have a look at the basic features of the best working Plex plugins:
It has to be on top since this is the gateway to third-party Plex plugins. WebTools is basically the unofficial app store that lets you download and install community channels and plugins. Before installing any community plugin for plex, you basically need to install WebTools first which you can do really easily following these instructions. Once you’ve got WebTools installed, you can find all of the others on our list really easily.
2. Cigaras IPTV
Since most channels on any IPTV app are regionally restricted, Cigaras IPTV is no exception. To make sure you can play most channels from this plugin, install a reliable VPN like Surfshark, first. The interface of this plugin is simple, channels are categorized, and there are program guides (on-screen) to help users.
If you love sharing media libraries with other users, the Tautulli plugin is a must for you. This plugin serves with Plex server statistics including streaming history and notifications.
If you want to experience theatrical appeal at home then try the TheaterTrailers plugin. As the name suggests, you can watch trailers of most upcoming titles. These trailers only stay until the movie is released.
Native management of subtitles is a good Plex feature that you can get working for yourself following these instructions, but there are a few limitations. The sub-Zero plugin brings to you the most suitable subtitles after scanning various repositories. Sub-Zero also lets you customize the presentation of the subtitles.
6. Plex Export
If somebody is willing to have a look at your Plex library while you don’t want to grant server access then Plex Export is the best solution. Using this plugin, you can create an HTML page so that your friend can browse to check the content in different sections. Some live filters are also available with Plex Export.
👋 Signup to our newsletter to receive guides and cord-cutting tips for FREE!! Click Here!
Love anime? Crunchyroll is the best Plex plugin for you to stream scores of anime titles. It is extremely easy to configure and operate the Crunchyroll plugin. It lets you access some HD content as well but this plugin requires a premium account.
If you are a regular Plex user then you must have heard about Webisodes, the community plugin that pulls videos from most popular platforms including Vimeo, YouTube, and Daily Motion. You can add these videos to the Plex library and this plugin is also compatible with RSS Feeds.
Though it requires a Spotify premium account, I recommend Quavarus plugin if you want to listen to your favorite playlists. Quavarus needs your Spotify credentials to use it.
If you can’t live without Facebook then install this plugin on Plex. It has been designed to work with the Plex interface so that you can share photos of your Plex library, post news feed, and more.
If you would like to watch multimedia files or streaming anywhere and also share it with others, then Plex is the right choice. However, for streaming, Plex requires plugins; thus we’ve gathered a list of the best official and community plugins to install on Plex. While official Plugins doesn’t require any special caution, we can’t say the same from the community ones.
Since Plex doesn’t officially back any of the community plugins, protecting your connection with a reliable VPN like Surfshark, before you install any third-party plugin you like on the unofficial App Store, is vital.
I hope this list of the best Plex Plugins, might serve your expectations. If so, please share it with your friends – they will much thank you.
Have nice streaming!
- Best Stremio Addons 2023 - Official and Community Stremio…
- 9 Best Plex Channels (Overall) - The Best Official and…
- 9 Best Plex Channels (Overall) - The Best Official and…
- How to Install Plex Channels - Official and Unofficial…
- Best 5 VPN for Plex - Stream on Plex anonymously and Unblock…
- How to Install Emby Plugins to expand usability and…
Legal Disclaimer:BestDroidPlayer.com is in no way affiliated to any streaming application, apk or its addons. Also, we are not associated with the brands here shown as the references are only informative. Bestdroidplayer.com does not verify the legality or security of any apps, apks, addons or services mentioned on this site. We DO NOT HOST any copyright-protected software or streams and we DO NOT broadcast or provide any copyright-protected streams on this website - The content here provided is only informational and it should be used only to access content that is not protected by copyright. We strongly advise our readers to avoid piracy at all costs, if you decide to do so, it is your responsibility - We are not responsible for any of your activities.
If you wish to make a claim, please check our DMCA Notice Policy.
Affiliate disclosure: Bestdroidplayer.com is reader-supported blog. If you buy a VPN or an amazon product through our links, we may earn a commission that helps mantaining our blog. Our reviews are totally honest and we only recommend trusted VPN and ecommerce brands.
Among the most popular were plugins for services like Pandora, CNN, Vimeo and others. But Plex says that less than 2 percent of people were using Plugins, and it was built with an outdated protocol that's difficult to support.What are the best Plex plugins? ›
- 1. WebTools and the Unsupported App Store. Apps are categorized for ease of use. ...
- 2. Kitana. Just choose a plugin at the top to manage it. ...
- 3. Sub-Zero. Enjoy subtitles on your Plex TV shows and movies. ...
- 4. Ombi. ...
- 5. Tautulli. ...
- 6. Bazarr. ...
- 7. Trakt.tv (Plex Scrobbler) ...
- 8. FileBot.
Among the most popular were plugins for services like Pandora, CNN, Vimeo and others. But Plex says that less than 2 percent of people were using Plugins, and it was built with an outdated protocol that's difficult to support.Do plugins still work on Plex? ›
Currently, Plex does not provide official or unofficial plugins but still supports the manual installation of third-party plugins. There are hundreds of third-party plugins for Plex, but not all of them are worth your time.Where to find Plex plugins? ›
- Windows. The plug-ins folder on Windows is located inside of the user directory. ...
- macOS. Using the Finder's “Go” menu, select Go To Folder… then enter the following in the dialog box that pops up: ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins.
- Apple TVs — Best Plex client for 4K.
- Amazon Fire TV Cube with Recast — Best Plex client for TV apps.
- NVIDIA Shield TV — Most Powerful Plex Client.
- PlayStation 5 — Best Plex client for PlayStation games.
- Xbox — Best Plex client for Microsoft Games.
- VBox — Best Plex Client for OTA and PVR.
The Best NAS for Plex Overall – Synology DS920+
Its Intel quad-core processor features AES-NI hardware encryption. Onboard, you'll find 4GB of DDR4 RAM which is expandable to 8GB. While the DS920+ features four hard-drive bays, it's scalable to a whopping nine disks with the optional Synology DX517.